Prepping for the 2013 Sundance Film Festival definitely posed as a difficult task, especially since we are used to the climate of sunny Southern California. Seriously though, how is a Cali girl supposed to pack fashionable ensembles for the brisk temperatures apparent in Park City, Utah? Well, of course by taking tips from trend-setters in cities such as New York, Paris and Milan!
The Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah continued to churn out style stars this year! When not taking the Saddleback lift for a morning of skiing, we saw stars luxe in fur, like Paris Hilton’s fur vest, totally casual, like Jessica Biel’s knit beanie and Naomi Watts’ striped knit sweater, as well as cool in leather, like Jennifer Hudson’s leather shirt and Alicia Keys’ two-tone leather/knit sweatshirt and leather leggings. Amanda Seyfried sported ankle boots, not the cowboy Isabel Marant sort, but rather the motorcycle buckled type, and Dakota Fanning showed off her sweater coat – this winter’s favorite outer garment. The wedge sneaker is more popular than ever as Jessica Alba flaunts the Isabel Marant “Bayley” on her feet as part of her airport style and Naomi Watts wears both the Isabel Marant “Bekket” wedge trainer and Nike “Dunk Sky High” wedge sneakers while in Park City, Utah for the Sundance Film Festival 2013.
From street style to snow style, see below for 10 celebrity Sundance 2013 trends that will get your winter wardrobe juices flowing. Starting with Jessica Biel’s knit beanie, Naomi Watts’ Rag & Bone Amy striped sweater, Paris Hilton’s fur vest, and Dakota Fanning’s striped sweater coat, then ending with Amanda Seyfried’s motorcycle-inspired, Frye Engineer 8R ankle buckle boots, Jennifer Hudson and Alicia Keys’ leather shirts, January Jones’ Sorel Conquest Lace up boots, Evan Rachel Woods’ pantsuit, and Jessica Alba’s Isabel Marant Bayley wedge sneakers, and Naomi Watt’s Nike Dunk wedge sneakers, these celebrity Sundance 2013 trends will surely inspire your winter wardrobes.
But First, A Little Behind-The-Scenes Action From Nubry:
10 Celebrity Trends At Sundance 2013:
1. Knit Beanie – a chic, yet urban, way to keep your head warm during low temperatures. Jessica Simpson dresses Park City casual with ankle boots and a Moncler black puffer to keep her warm.
SHOP THIS JACKET (exact): Joe’s Jeans Moto Sweater Jacket – $189
SHOP THIS BAG (exact): Christian Louboutin Farida Leopard Messenger bag – $1995
SHOP THIS BOOT (exact): Christian Louboutin Jimmynetta Tassel Fringe Boot – $1195
2. Stripes – this horizontal or vertical line is this season’s polka dot, as was so popular last year. Naomi Campbell’s Rag & Bone Amy Striped sweater is sold out.
3. Fur Vest – it’s just a winter staple. Period.
4. Sweater Coat – Not only stylish, but so warm and comfy, the sweater coat is our new best friend during winter.
5. Ankle Buckle Boots – Time to trade in your tall boots for ankle buckle boots for this season.
SHOP THIS BOOT (exact): Frye Engineer 8R Buckle Boot – $227.95
6. Leather – whether done in the form of a top, sweatshirt, or legging, leather is a winter staple that’s here to stay.
SHOP THIS SWEATSHIRT (exact): Club Monaco Ainslie Sweatshirt – $80
7. Sorel Boots – A staple in one’s winter wardrobe, these lace-up, waterproof boots are the new UGGs.
SHOP THE BOOTS (exact): Sorel Conquest Carly Lace Up Boots – $164.99
8. Pantsuit – a dark, pin-striped pantsuit with matching blazer and trousers can be dressed down for winter weather when paired with flat vintage boots.
9. Wedge Sneaker – the coolest sneaker around that gives you that subtle lift you’ve always desired in a comfortable shoe, whether designer Isabel Marant’s “Bekket” or “Bayley” styles or Nike “Dunk” style, the wedge sneaker is a favorite footwear amongst us and celebs.
SHOP THIS SNEAKER (exact): Etoile Isabel Marant Bayley Wedge Sneaker – $640
SHOP THE SNEAKER (exact): Nike Dunk Sky High Wedge Sneakers – $120