It’s finally time to put away your coats, scarves, and boots so that you can break out the newest and coolest spring fashion trends for 2014. We can’t wait for sunny weather that calls for our cutest skirts and crop tops, can you? Whether you’re relaxing at home or going on a beach getaway for spring/summer vacation, nothing’s better than an on-trend outfit to match the gorgeous warm weather.
So, say goodbye for now to those depressing gray skies and hello to bright blue spring skies! We’re sharing with you the 10 fashion and style reasons we are so excited for spring! From florals, bold geometric shapes, fringe, and wide leg trouser pants (click here to see how to wear palazzo pants) to neon sunnies, springtime fashion is full of fun prints, colors, and wearable styles. From what you wear on your feet to the color you sport on your nails – hello pastels! – spring fashion trends are calling for refreshing styles and even brighter colors.
Below, we’ve listed 10 of our favorite fashion trends for the spring season that will most def get you on the right track to jump-starting your springtime wardrobe.
10 Spring Fashion Trends We Can’t Wait To Wear
1. Pastel Nails – Every girl has flaunted her pink nails year after year. This spring season, try something new like painting your nails a soft pastel green to enhance a floral look. Any pastel will keep your fingertips looking fresh, chic, and covered in spring fever.
2. Wide-Leg Trousers – If you want a comfortable, but fashionable alternative to skinny jeans, wide-leg trousers are for you. Available in solid colors and in exotic prints, these pants are effortlessly stylish and look fab on everybody. Spring and summertime tend to get a little on the hotter side when it comes to weather, so invest in some loose fitting pants to keep your legs cooler than a pair of jeans would. This fab choice also lets you switch it up from the typical high-waisted shorts all your friends will be wearing.
3. Geometric Shapes – Geometry isn’t just for math class at school. Bored of your floral and solid colored springtime dresses? Try spicing it up with some geometric prints — which are everywhere this spring! These patterns are normally found in fun color pallets, so don’t be afraid to be super matchy with colorful accessories.
4. Lace-Up Ankle Boot Oxfords – Just because it’s spring doesn’t mean you have to put away the boots for good. If you want to edge up your classic sundress, pair these ankle boot oxfords with a flowy skirt or denim shorts. What’s cuter than your favorite cut-off shorts with a pair of animal print, lace-up ankle boot oxfords? The best part is that oxfords can be found in many different textures, prints, and colors to fit your personal style.
5. Fringe – Designers like Phillip Lim, Altuzarra, and Derek Lam showcased fringe on their spring 2014 runways all over the world. A perfect way to jazz up any outfit, fringe can be worn for many occasions from a fancy night out (think fringe clutch or pumps) to a casual trip to the beach (think bikini top or cover-up). Take a risk this spring by sporting fringe in new places instead of that old boring tank top!
6. Funky Sunglasses – Tired of boring black and brown shades? This spring 2014, frame your perfectly arched eyebrows with a splash of color. Stand out from the crowd by pairing a cute outfit with some fun shades. You will be seeing a lot of these colored sunglasses at Coachella 2014 (click here to read our Coachella Survival Guide) and other music festivals like Stagecoach Festival 2014 (click here to read about Stagecoach trends), but who says you can’t take a fashion risk throughout the entire spring/summer season? Denim short cutoffs, a loose white tank, and some hot pink sunnies will give you that effortless casual style and immediately will label you as “beach babe”.
7. Headbands – Put away the winter hats and beanies and say goodbye to dreaded cold weather hat hair. Show off those beach waves and springtime updos by adding a headband to your outfit. While in the winter time, headbands are knitted and meant to pack in the heat for your cute little head. But in the spring, headbands can cover sweaty roots and spruce up any messy bun or ponytail.
8. Ruffle-Top Bikinis – Pool parties and trips to the beach all call for one thing — an eye-catching swimsuit. We’ve all seen solid-colored, floral, and tribal patterned suits, but now you can add extra flair to your suit by adding a layer of ruffles onto your bikini top. To step it up another notch, throw on a body chain or a long-chained necklace with some fun bracelets.
9. Overalls – Yes, it’s official, overalls are back in style for spring 2014! A comfortable alternative to dresses, overalls are a hot trend this season. Try wearing one with a soft t-shirt, tank, or sexy bandeau underneath. Add a statement necklace, a bright clutch, colorful sandals, and you’re ready to go! Stagecoach Music Festival is right around the corner and a perfect opportunity to showoff your personal flare with this flashback trend.
10. Big Bangles – Don’t be afraid to make a statement with your wrists this spring/summer. For more fun, stack your bracelets on top of each other to make an even bigger impact, alternating between skinny bangles and thicker ones. Stacked bracelets always give off a laid back look, so get creative and mix/match your accessories, just like you do your prints! Just because spring fashion trends call for a lot of color doesn’t mean you have to keep it calm with the jewelry. Your accessories can be as fun as ever this year!