Swimwear is one of the most important staples in our summer wardrobe and now is the time to stock up! From sexy one-pieces to bold bikinis, there is a bathing suit out there for everyone this summer. Whether you’ll be spending your time poolside in the Hamptons or at the beach in Miami, this season’s swimwear trends will turn you into summer eye candy instantly!
With vacation season approaching, plan ahead so that you don’t miss out on any of the summer’s exciting bathing suit options. In other words, don’t put it off and be stuck with nothing. Below we’ve listed this summer’s 7 hottest bathing suit trends that you need to be on top of.
7 Bathing Suits You Need To Be Showing Off This Summer
1. Crochet: Inspired by the 1970’s, crochet is certainly making a comeback this summer. Just pair your crochet bikini top with a maxi skirt, or your one-piece with denim cutoffs for a bohemian, beach chic look.
SHOP THIS BIKINI: Indah Malama Crochet Bikini
2. Bold Print: Floral and tribal patterns have been big trends this spring. Stand out at the beach or at a pool in the Hamptons in an eye-catching bold bikini with a half-top, such as the Mara Hoffman below. Look effortlessly cool by accessorizing with an armful of bracelets and aviator sunglasses.
SHOP THIS BIKINI: Mara Hoffman Half Top Inca Sky Bikini Set
3. Polka-Dot: The classic polka dot returns this summer and it’s even more fabulous than ever! Pair your polka dot bikini with oversized black shades and a wide brim hat for a polished retro look. You never have to outgrow your favorite childhood print, because polka dots are timeless.
SHOP THIS BIKINI: 6 Shore Night Polka Dot Andy’s Bikini
4. Neon: Another popular spring trend is vibrant neon colors. Keep wearing your hot-pinks and bright yellows, because the neon fad is not over! Keep it simple with the accessories, because the neon color is enough to make you stand out.
SHOP THIS BIKINI: Nanette Lepore Colorblock Scuba Bandeau Bikini
5. One-Piece: One-piece bathing suits used to stand for boring, conservative, and loser. Remember your middle school Speedo? Yes you do! But, not to worry because this is definitely not the case anymore! Now there are all kinds of exciting silhouettes to choose from that are flattering and sexy. From accented ruffles, prints, and hardware to daring cut-outs, peplum waists, and plunge necklines, one-pieces have come a long way. Mix up your swim wardrobe by adding a fierce one-piece to the mix.
SHOP THIS BATHING SUIT: Thayer Ruffle Purple One Piece $209
6. Fringe: For a free-spirited bohemian look, opt for a swimsuit accented with fringe. This style is the perfect option for a summer music festival or beach bonfire. It is also a great piece to mix-and-match with printed bikini bottoms.
SHOP THIS BIKINI TOP: L*Space Fringe Benefits White Audrey Halter Top
7. High-Waist: For a blast from the 40’s look, slip into a high-waisted bikini. This was Marilyn Monroe’s favorite style! There are many fun prints to choose from, as well as the most elegant color – black! The high waist is amazing for hiding any unwanted belly bulge. It’s a must-have this summer!
SHOP THIS BIKINI: Women’s Anika Brazil Bimini High-Waist Bikini Two Piece